- Linked to School Improvement Plan Key Areas and also taking into account best practise from other school settings.
- If any meetings are scheduled in area’s specified governor would be asked to attend. When a committee is needed additional governors will still be needed to fulfil statutory obligations.
- If any specific issues / changes in policy / statutory guidance comes up in these areas specified governors to be informed
- as part of school improvement planning process governors would ask for termly updates to progress to these SIP areas and provide support and challenge where needed.
- Governors would look for training opportunities in these areas as directed to by Maureen in the email bulletins. (any other training that was desirable for individual governors is also fine!)
- all Governor’s would still be emailed about all interviews and should seek to attend safer recruitment training where possible.
- all governors would like a calendar of events from the school office as soon as practicable each
Responsibility and Governor
- Teaching, learning and achievement: Maria
- Curriculum: Natalie
- School Environment, premises and risk assessment (inc. Educational Visits): Vic, Simon
- Staffing and recruitment: Jan
- Finances: Duncan
- Safeguarding, welfare, behaviour and premises: Lynda
Governor Class Pairings for 2017/2018
- classes would change each year
- Governors would be invited to join classes for major events (Christmas lunch/winter show/creative
week/sports day/end of year celebrations) and some educational visits.
- Governors will be invited to join any planning meetings / department meetings pertinent to their
- Governor’s would join these classes for any learning walks/visits they come in for
- Governor’s will receive a termly update on the achievement and progress of learners in their class,
which could be verbal.
- Governor’s will be able to email class teacher directly (and vice versa!) with any questions or suggestions
Classes and their governor
- Larch (KS2 generic): Duncan
- Maple (KS1 generic): Natalie
- Elm (KS1 SLD): Vic
- Willow (KS2 specialist): Simon
- Cherry (PMLD): Jan
- Little Acorns (EYFS): Maria
- Juniper (KS2 SLD): Lynda