Admission Arrangements

The school welcomes visitors. The Headteacher usually shows around prospective families by prior arrangement.

The local authority, West Sussex County Council, allocates all school places. For more information, please go to the West Sussex County Council’s website and click on Education, Children and Families, Schools and Colleges, School places and/or SEND school places.

Most pupils are admitted to our school following statutory assessment. This procedure involves parents and relevant professionals and results in an EHC Plan.

Welcome to the Local Offer

The West Sussex Local Offer helps you find information about local services, support and events for children and young people aged between 0-25 years who have SEND.

If an EHC Plan or Statement of SEN is not held

If the Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan assessment has begun, you should apply online with your mainstream school or college preference.

By week 16 of the assessment process, they will decide whether an EHC Plan will be made.

If a draft EHC Plan is issued, the Special Educational Needs Assessment Team (SENAT) will liaise with you about your preferences. You can then ask them to consider a place at a special school or a special support centre.

If an EHC Plan or Statement of SEN is held

You should have already been contacted by the Special Educational Needs Assessment Team, who are responsible for making placements.

If you already have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN), you can express your preference for the school or college to attend by contacting the SENAT.

Contact Details:

Tel: 03330 142 903
Address: Room 00, Ground Floor East Wing, County Hall, Chichester, PO19 1RF

Once admission has been agreed, the Headteacher, in conjunction with the Education Department, makes arrangements for entry.