On Monday I will be sending home copies of the new menu. It will start being served after the half term holidays, on 2nd Nov with week one. The cost of a school meal will remain at £2.20.
Horsham Library will be holding sensory story sessions for children with special needs on the last Saturday of each month 2pm – 3pm. For more information please contact the library directly. WSCC Libraries are also launching “Understand Me – the Communication Library”. This is a service where you can borrow free of charge specialist recourses for children with communication difficulties. For more information go to www.westsussex.gov.uk/understandme
Short Breaks will be running a family fun day at Impulse Leisure in Southwick on Sunday 25th October from 10am – 4pm. For more information or to book please call Impulse Leisure on 01273 238111.
Sussex Cricket are running “come and play street cricket” sessions at Ifield Community College every Sunday between 4pm – 5.30pm. All sessions are free. For more information please call Azam on 07902331000
Autism Parent Empower (CIC) is launching in Crawley offering local parents a 12 week programme providing the following:
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) – Practical ABA strategies to help your child communicate, reduce difficult behaviours and learn valuable skills to increase quality of life. ABA professionals will work with you and your child in the home, community or school setting.
- Diet and Nutrition – You will have the opportunity to roll your sleeves up and get cooking with us, seeing why for some of our children gluten and dairy can be problematic and how to create delicious, nutritious meals to support growing minds.
- Empowerment – The glue that sticks it together is empowerment.
Family wellbeing is key and a diagnosis of Autism often means that marriages, siblings and the whole family unit requires extra support. With some of the best providers in the UK all under one roof you will be supported with the highest level of quality and care to help your child reach their full potential, meeting like minded parents on the way. Autism Parent Empower are focused on empowering the people that matter the most – PARENTS. For more information or to register your interest please visit Autism Parent Empower or call Jo-Ann on 01293 763062. There is a charge for this service.
Harvest Festival. We will be celebrating Harvest Festival on during the last week of term, starting on Monday 19th Oct. If you would like to send in any donations we will be giving them all to the Easter Group. They would like non perishable items, either dried or in tins please. The Easter Group is a Crawley based charity that supports the homeless and those in desperate need in our local area.
Larch Class won the Manor Green Bake Off Competition this week—judged by David. It was judged to have a good rise, perfect crumb and no “soggy bottom.”
Dates for your diary
- Half term holidays – Monday 26th Oct-Friday 30th Oct
- School Photographer – Wednesday 18th Nov
- School Christmas Fair – Saturday 21st November
- End of term – Friday 18th December
- Inset days – Monday 4th Jan and Tues 5th January
- Children return to school – Wednesday 6th January