Please remember that the last day of term for children is Tuesday 21st July and first day back is Monday 7th September. After school clubs have now finished for the term. If your child is in year 6, you should have received an invitation for leavers assembly, which is on the last day of term. Please make sure you return the slip telling us how many guests will be attending.
Due to the continued building work, we will not be able to host our normal sports day this year. Instead we will be having a “Feeling Good Week” next week, involving lots of fun sports tournaments for the children. However, unfortunately we will not be able to invite parents to spectate.
Monday will be Wimbledon Day, and your child can come to school in their PE kit or tennis clothes. Over the rest of the week there will be a range of activities including hockey, cricket, badminton, tennis, curling, swimming and rebound. Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school for the whole week; your child’s teacher will inform you if your child needs anything in addition to this.
The parent/carer summer survey results have now been collected and highlights can be seen below. Please contact the school office if you wish to see a full breakdown of the results.
All children should now have received notification of which class they will be in next year, and who their teacher will be.
Your child will have received a letter advertising a Sensory Day (27th July) and two Multi Sports Days (3rd August and 4th August). These are all at Manor Green between 10am-2:30pm, and cost £2.50 per day. If you would like your child to attend any of these, please complete and return the letter(s) with the correct money.
Scott Cinemas in East Grinstead are introducing autism friendly screenings beginning this weekend. This includes features such as the volume of the film being lower, the lights remaining on, being able to move around and make noise during the film, bringing your own food and drink, and there being no trailers before the screening begins. These screenings will be on the second Sunday of each month, beginning with Minions on Sunday 12th July and then Disney’s Inside Out on Sunday 9th August. Screenings begin promptly at 10:30am, and cinema doors open at 10am.
Robert Hayes will be in school on the 19th October, between 10am and 12pm, offering parents and carers help and advice on completing DLA forms.
Parent/Carer Survey Feedback 2015
- “Manor Green is an excellent school”
- “Manor Green teachers are amazing”
- “Can only say positive things about Manor Green”
- “We couldn’t imagine better”
- 100% of parents agree or strongly agree that Manor Green provides all the information they need.
- 100% of parents agree or strongly agree that the teaching is good at Manor Green
- “I am very impressed”
- “My child has improved so much since he started school that everyone can see the difference in him.”
- “I will miss everything about this school”
- “Couldn’t wish for my child to be at a better school. Thank you.”
- 97% of parents say that the school takes account of their suggestions and concerns.
- “The care and teaching at the school is exemplary.”
- 100% of parents agree or strongly agree that Manor Green helps new students
settle in well
- 100% of parents agree or strongly agree that Manor Green keeps their child safe
- “Thank you so much”
- “more progress has been made than I ever thought possible”
- 98% of parents say that their child is making enough progress.
- 100% of parents agree or strongly agree that Manor Green meets their child’s needs.
- 100% of parents agree or strongly agree that their child enjoys school, AND that they
are happy with their child’s experience at the school.